Scotland’s leading dementia charity
Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia organisation in Scotland. They campaign for the rights of people with dementia and their families and provide an extensive range of innovative and personalised support services. Their aims are to:
- be the national and local voice of and for people with dementia and their carers in Scotland
- improve public policies for the benefit of people with dementia and their carers
- provide and to secure the provision of high quality services for people with dementiaas well as for the carers of people with dementia.
- Dementia Advisors provide a local point of contact for people with dementia and their family and friends at all stages of their journey. They can provide advice, information and signposting to locally available support services for people with dementia and their carers
- They also provide support to local communities to help then become more dementia friendly and to increase their capacity to support those people living with dementia.
- They will also work with individuals and groups of people affected by dementia and will seek to ensure that statutory and independent organisations improve their understanding and responses to the needs of people with dementia nad their carers.
Go to the Alzheimer Scotland website.